Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett


Frances wrote the best children's book. A Little Princess is a wonderful book to teach people about moral lessons. When I have children, I will persuade them to read this book :)
This book told about Sara Crewe, a rich girl living in Miss Minchin's Seminary, because her father would do some business in India. When her father died without left her money, she became a servant in Miss Minchin's Seminary. Her adventure and imagination that she made made her keep positive thinking and could struggle in her hard life. I read the Indonesian version and looking for the English version (I think I found it at Ak.sa.ra bookstore Jakarta.yess!). The picture above is children's book story version (it has pictures) and I have it.


The picture above is the Indonesian version (from Gramedia-Indonesia)

By the way, now I'm reading Frances Hodgson's Secret Garden, and it's beautiful too.
P.s: the movies are awesome, but trust me, read the original book is the most awesome, because it makes your imagination wild! XOXO

No comments: