Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Puffy, My Everlasting Love 3

He got worse and I don't know how many times we went to the clinic to get him hospitalized.
Sometimes he would eat the baby food I feed him on a small spoon, but sometimes he threw up. He didn't excited anymore with the outside world, even I didn't have to make him wear a dog leash, because he wouldn't run. He stopped being himself.

Days before my graduate exam, Puffy got to hospitalize again. On Sunday, after I had a private course of math in my house, I made Puffy a meal and four of us went to the clinic to give him a dinner. I don't know, but I did feel so afraid at that rainy night. I was pessimist that he was alive, I don't know why. I really don't know why this feeling is so real. My heart beat so fast...
The vet said we can just go to his kennel, because he just gave him new drinking water minutes ago. Me and my sister walked to his kennel and found that he was sleeping, then I called his name
"Puffy..Puffy.."

He didn't move, and my sister got panic.
I opened his kennel and shook his body, check his heart and also his breath. I found nothing. I pinched his ear and squeezed his nose like I used to just to annoy him. I cried and still hold him. My dad and mom came to us and called the vet, they took us out so that the vet could check him. Then he came to us and said that they were sorry and they said he was okay while ago, maybe he just wait for us to come to get rest in peace.
I couldn't stop crying.

My father asked me whether we buried Puffy around this clinic or around our house, and I said this clinic. After that my father drove us to buy shroud and flower to bury him. It's a little bit funny, but I couldn't help myself with this mourning. I think finally we didn't use the shroud and only use two bucket of flower. I took Puffy's collar and the vet and his assistants dig the grave and wrap Puffy with his towel (it was my towel). After they put him in the grave, we prayed quickly, because it rained heavily.

On Monday, it's hard for me to concentrate with my puffy golf eyes and friends asked me why. I still cried on my paper exam, but the score was great.

I still cried when I was at home, because it is very quite at home. My father cheered us up, and tried to made us tough. And we never pet any dogs anymore, it's a bit traumatic, beside Me and my sister were very busy with our study and many things now, I'm afraid I'll never play and give my dog attention, and also my parents are getting older now, they'll tired with a dog run in my house.

Puffy is not the last dog in my life, but he is the first dog who taught me so many things.
I love you.

No comments: